Friday, September 08, 2006

Redemption

What I most love about my relationship with Christ is the fact that I have redemption. The simple fact that my actions alone don't define who I am, but rather, through grace and forgiveness I have the opportunity to start anew - this is a gift. Redemption says that we are not shackled to our disfunctions and human nature, by accepting the grace that was given us we are born anew. How often in my life I have found myself ashamed of my behavior, being critical, judgmental or insensitive. When I think of the damage these actions have on my family, friends and community, it leaves a stain on my heart. But in walks Redemption, with all of her glory and grace and gentleness and she reminds me that 2000 years ago I was forgiven and it is time I step into that gift.

love+peace
shawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home